Tummy Tuck with a Belly Button Piercing

Wanna get a tummy tuck but i have my belly button pierced? wondering what will happen to the piercing. I would prefer that it will be gone. Can that happen?

Tummy tuck and piercing

+1

You can either leave it in or remove the piercing. It does not interfere with the surgery. Watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pierced Belly Button with Tummy Tuck

+1

A pierced belly button should generally not present a problem with a tummy tuck.  It usually can be retained or elimated, depending upon the exact location of the piercing.

John Whitt, MD

Eliminate the belly button piercing with tummy tuck is possible

+1

This depends on how much laxity (loose skin) is present in the lower abodmen as well as how high you are willing to accept the horizontal scar.

Belly button piercing is removed with tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

We individualize the incision for a tummy tuck.  This makes it safer and also we are able to remove the piercing in your belly button.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

It will be gone

+1

When I do a tummy tuck I remove all of the skin between the upper part of the belly button and the pubic region, thus the old piercing is removed. If you want to re-pierce the belly button you can do so about 6 months post operative.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Belly Button Piercing and Tummy Tuck

+1

The skin around the belly button will be pulled downward, usually all the way to the bikini incision.  Sometimes there is not enough skin to get the belly button that low and a small vertical scar could be left where the old belly button was.  Your surgeon should be able to predict if this will be the case.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Belly Button Piercing

+1

In the vast majority of FULL Tummy Tuck operations, all the skin below the belly button and a variable amount of skin above it will be removed. The belly button is released and after the skin is pulled down, it is re-exited through the skin which used to be much higher. In most cases, the piercing can be removed; except for cases with a wide tunnel and a paucity of loose skin above the belly button.

I would discuss this with your Plastic surgeon and I am sure he would be glad to help you.

Tummy tuck with belly button piercing

+1

The tummy tuck will most likely remove the hole where the piercing is. you could always have it re-done if you want but there is no way to save it with a standard abdominoplasty.

Richard Baxter, MD