I Wanna Know Are Their Free or Low Cost Tummy Tucks Done by Residents?

Im bf age 40,lost over 100 pounds in a year ,with diet & exercise!!My stomach is horrible!! Sometimes i rather would have kept the weight!! Worked extremely hard to change my"life"!! Im a single parent of 3. My first born is away at college(im so proud of him)and my girls are here.I can't afford to have a tummy tuck!!Sad face now!!That's my reason for wanting a resident dr to helP! I do have insurance on my job,but cosmetic is a no go!! I need info please?

You may not like the results if you get what you ask for rather than what you neeed.

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss! With 100lbs of loss, you actually may be a better candidate for a lower body lift than a tummy tuck. Even if you got a "free" or reduced-cost tummy tuck, you may very well end up with huge and unsightly "dog-ears" that require additional surgery. Who does that, and what is the cost? Perhaps you can indeed find a plastic surgery program with reduced-cost (there will NOT be "free" in any case) cosmetic surgery, and they can offer a second reduced-cost completion beltlift operation, or a full circumferential beltlift at one procedure.

Not to burst your bubble, but sometimes you get what you pay for, and saving up for an operation that will be life-changing is not necessarily a bad thing. A full lower body lift (circumferential beltlift) will cost about $17000 in our accredited office surgical facility. You would be responsible for travel and lodging, as well as additional travel for follow-up visits, so finding a local plastic surgeon with similar capabilities is always best! Good luck and best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Resident Plastic Surgery

+2

Yes, I would encourage you to contact the LSU department of plastic surgery and inquiry about their resident clinic, they may be able to help, if not I encourage you to visit a board certified plastic surgeon, it is more affordable than you think. Good luck

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

+2

Yes, that is a possibility. You would need to call a medical trraining center near you to find out if such a program is available at that center.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD