I Wanna Know Are Their Free or Low Cost Tummy Tucks Done by Residents?

Im bf age 40,lost over 100 pounds in a year ,with diet & exercise!!My stomach is horrible!! Sometimes i rather would have kept the weight!! Worked extremely hard to change my"life"!! Im a single parent of 3. My first born is away at college(im so proud of him)and my girls are here.I can't afford to have a tummy tuck!!Sad face now!!That's my reason for wanting a resident dr to helP! I do have insurance on my job,but cosmetic is a no go!! I need info please?

You may not like the results if you get what you ask for rather than what you neeed.

Congratulations on your weight loss! With 100lbs of loss, you actually may be a better candidate for a lower body lift than a tummy tuck. Even if you got a "free" or reduced-cost tummy tuck, you may very well end up with huge and unsightly "dog-ears" that require additional surgery. Who does that, and what is the cost? Perhaps you can indeed find a plastic surgery program with reduced-cost (there will NOT be "free" in any case) cosmetic surgery, and they can offer a second reduced-cost completion beltlift operation, or a full circumferential beltlift at one procedure.

Not to burst your bubble, but sometimes you get what you pay for, and saving up for an operation that will be life-changing is not necessarily a bad thing. A full lower body lift (circumferential beltlift) will cost about $17000 in our accredited office surgical facility. You would be responsible for travel and lodging, as well as additional travel for follow-up visits, so finding a local plastic surgeon with similar capabilities is always best! Good luck and best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Resident Plastic Surgery

Yes, I would encourage you to contact the LSU department of plastic surgery and inquiry about their resident clinic, they may be able to help, if not I encourage you to visit a board certified plastic surgeon, it is more affordable than you think. Good luck

Yes, that is a possibility. You would need to call a medical trraining center near you to find out if such a program is available at that center.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD