Medical Silicone Butt Augmentation

I Wanna Get my Butt Done N my Friend Said Get Medical Silicone. Is This right?

Bad advice from a friend

+2

Sorry- your friend is giving you bad advice.  Silicone injections to the buttock have actually caused several deaths, including the highly publicized death of a former "Miss Argentina".  Silicone injections can have a lot of long-term problems, that are hard to fix.  Don't do it.

Use either a fat transfer technique, or buttock implants.

Silicone Injections - Bad Idea

+1

I do not recommend silicone injections to any part of the body.  This is simply is very bad idea. Silicone injections can lead to many problems. Ask any board certified plastic surgeon, and they will likely tell you of a patient they have encountered who had silicone injections elsewhere by a non plastic surgeon or overseas to the breast or buttock. They were likely crippled with hard nodules that simply can not be easily corrected and can leave patients deformed.   

Consider fat injections to your buttock for augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Medical Silicone Butt Augmentation is a Very Costly Mistake

+1

Regarding: "Medical Silicone Butt Augmentation
I Wanna Get my Butt Done N my Friend Said Get Medical Silicone. Is This right
?"

The BEST way to Augment the buttocks is with a fat transfer from other parts of your body - Brazilian Fat Transfer. Silicone has been used medical since WWII with uniformly long term poor results. Injecting silicone is always associated with scarring, migration and surface irregularities all of which may be hard or impossible to fix.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Brazilian butt lift is safer than injecting medical grade silicone into the buttocks.

+1

Have you considered Brazilian Butt Lift? 

One of the ways women augment their buttocks is through buttock implants. However, many women prefer a butt lift using their own fat cells. This procedure is called the Brazilian butt lift, or autologous buttock augmentation. Using fat grafting has several benefits over implants. These include:

Avoiding use of implants or foreign material.
Treatment of multiple areas to enhance overall result.
Overall lower complication rates
Patient may benefit from losing fat from the donor sites, such as the abdomen (modified liposuction)
The waist posterior is treated with liposuction so that the Brazilian butt lift procedure is maximized. The donor cells are then injected into the buttock to the desired volume. This is performed with each buttock.

Enhancing the buttocks through the Brazilian butt lift creates a firmer, attractive and more prominent profile. Adding curves or enhancing curves to your body is one way to a fuller figure that many women envy.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/brazilian-butt-lift/

Silicone injections

+1

I would absolutely not recommend any silicone injections in any location in any patient whatsoever.  Most plastic surgeons have had to take care of complications from these procedures.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Butt Augmentation

+1

I would not recommend having your butt augmented with silicone, medical grade or not.  Silicone, while it may produce good aesthetic results in the short term, will tend to migrate in the long term, leading to the potential for significant and severe soft-tissue deformation.  In my practice, this is very commonly seen in people who had their faces and lips injected with silicone a decade or more ago. Apart from causing deformations, surgically removing the silicone from surrounding tissue can be exceedingly difficult due to its translucency.

A better alternative for buttock augmentation would be autogenous fat transfer, or having your own fat harvested and transferred to the buttock region.  Although you may require more than one such procedure to obtain optimal results, the tissue is by definition your own, and the results and much more predicable and stable in the long run. 

Best of luck.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills, California