Did I Cause Permanent Damage By Bumping my Nose 2 Weeks After a Nose Job?

Hi, i was shopping today and i was looking at a tshirt on the rack and i pulled on the shirt and the coat hanger came down and smashed me in the nose and a bump instantly came up on the side of my nose, i went straight home and stuck ice on it and the bump was even bigger and now i have my cast on hoping the pressure will take the bump away. and i was wandering if i caused permanent damage? because it has only been 2 weeks after my nose job and im afraid that it is permanent and ill need a revision.

Nasal Trauma 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

You probably did not permanently harm your nose when you hit it with a coat hanger 2 weeks after surgery. Although it is not an emergency, see your surgeon ASAP for evaluation and treatment if necessary.

Trauma to Nose 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty While Shopping

+1

Gidday Troydy,

Best to see your rhinoplasty surgeon asap for evaluation.  Most likely you will be okay.  Ahh, the dangers of shopping!  Watch out for those hangers!  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Bumping nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

You probably did nothing to the nose and your surgeon can evaluate it at your next visit.