I have a tiny hole left from lip piercing I had many years ago... But I hate it! is there any thing I could do?

Fixing a piercing scar

Piercing holes can be repaired using minor surgery to remove the epithelialized tract and realign skin edges.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Lip piercing repair

It is possible that the piercing could be removed and repaired. The skin that grew down into the piercing would need to be removed to allow the hole to heal. This does result in a small scar but in most cases the scar is less noticeable than the initial piercing hole. Laser resurfacing or dermabrasion can be used to further camouflage scar tissue. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

9695 S. Yosemite Street
Lone Tree, Colorado 80124

How to repair hole on lip from piercing?

It is possible that the hole on your lip from a past piercing could be surgically removed.  Photos or an examination would be needed to determine if you might be a candidate for such a procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102