What About Tahitian Dance - when After Tt (No Lipo)?

I understand walking is good after 2 weeks - I walk 3 miles/day - at least. But I recently (last year) took up Tahitian dance and love it. In fact, that was the 'straw' that got me to schedule the tt. For an 'older' woman, Tahitian is an incredible way to feel sensual, but in a class full of lovely young women, I wanted to lose the baby baggage. Also - salsa ... ? Thanks!

When to Resume Dancing After Tummy Tuck?

+1

I typically recommend that my patients resume cardiovascular exercise such as dancing at three weeks following a tummy tuck provided that all is healing well.  At 6 weeks, patients may return to weight training, yoga, and all activities without restriction.

Tahitian Dance - when After Tt

+1

Keep walking for now.

The surgical repairs will attain 90% of the strength that they will have by about six weeks after surgery. This is the basis for return to full activity at that time.  

The best source of advice in this setting would be from your surgeon who knows what was done, and has followed your progress.

Thanks, all the best. 

Return to Dancing after Tummy Tuck

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities. Remember, that your plastic surgeon knows exactly what was done, how you are progressing ( with or without complications),  knows more precisely what you are planning on doing when it comes to activities, and is ultimately responsible for your care.

Receiving advice online in this regard may be confusing or worse.

Best wishes;  hopefully you'll feel great ( after surgery) no matter what the dance!

Dance after Tummy Tuck

+1

Most patients can return to normal physical activity 4 to 6 weeks after a tummy tuck. I suspect that dance can be started after 3 to 4 weeks.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Dancing after Tummy Tuck

+1

Tummy tuck typically requires 4 to 6 weeks before resuming strenuous activity in the uncomplicated cases of healing.  I would consider that type of dancing strenuous.