What can be done with a nose that is asymmetrical post open rhinoplasty, irritated left eye? (photo)

3 months ago I had browlift/upper skin only blepharoplasty, open rhinoplasty for bulbous tip, mini facelift. Unhappy with some of the results- mainly nose is not symmetrical and worse with a smile/also left nostril feels like something is in my nostril, Feeling of dry eye feeling in left eye but dont have dry eye- second opinion from occuloplastic surgeion I know said my left eye is tight and hopefully will stretch and resolve?? no second opinion on my nose yet.

What can be done with a nose that is asymmetrical post open rhinoplasty, irritated left eye?

+1

We generally don’t recommend doing any revision procedures within a year of the primary rhinoplasty. Your nose will continue to change over that period and the final result may be very different than it is today. I suggest you continue to follow up with your surgeon who may better address your concerns. I hope that your dry eye will resolve. With time, and as the upper lid skin relaxes slightly, I hope that this sensation will resolve. Lubrication may help but I would continue to have it followed by an ophtalmologist. Good luck.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would wait a year before addressing this issue.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Asymmetric nose and dry eyes after surgery

+1

With regard to your nose, it appears that your nostrils are a bit asymmetric in your postoperative photos, as well as your preoperative photos. When preoperative asymmetry exists, it is unlikely that your postoperative appearance will improve over time. In some cases a little botox in the muscle that is elevating the higher nostril can help improve some of the asymmetry when you smile.

With regard to the dry eyes, this usually occurs if too much skin is removed at the time of your upper eyelid surgery. If your eyes are partially open when you sleep, this contributes greatly to the dry eye sensation that you experience during the day. The use of an eye lubricant or ointment at night may help. Thank you for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes.