Attachment coming off?

I had my attachments put on today and followed my dentists suggestion, not to take my trays off for a few hours. When eventually I removed them to eat, I lost 6 of the 12 put on. Am I doing something wrong? The dentist did have to bond a couple of the attachments, a couple of times. Any tips to ensure they stay on??

Attachments coming off...

+1
It's unfortunate that your buttons (attachments) came off, but not to worry, you probably didn't do anything wrong.  This doesn't mean that your dentist was wrong either; it just means that your dentist may need to make your buttons a tad bit smaller and less perfect.  I have found in my use of Invisalign on my patients over the last decade, that when I used to make the buttons exactly right and too perfect, I would have issues with them coming off because the aligners fit so tightly.  Since then, I have made sure to always make the buttons a little smaller than directed.  This keeps the aligners on very snug, while allowing the trays to be easily put on and taken off.  Good luck to you and I hope this helps. You can "Follow" me on Real Self to ask more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Attachment

+1

Not your fault, they weren't bonded in strong enough. You should be able to take the aligners out right away, so that if you lose a few they can be replaced right then. Go back and get them replaced properly. And by the way, it's not because of anything you did or didn't do.

Frank Celenza, DDS, PC
New York Orthodontist