Walking Upstairs After Mommy Makeover (2 Days Post-Op), Is This Possible?

I'm preparing my home for the weeks after post-op. My two dogs will stay at Doggy Daycare, a cleaner will come every other day, my adult daughter will be staying home, and grocery shopping lists and meds will be ready. First day post-op I'll be staying at an after-care facility. On the second day I'll be heading home. My dilemma is walking a flight of stairs to get to my apartment (second floor). Will I be physically able to do it as long as I walk bent over due to the TT?

Climbing Stairs after Tummy Tuck?

+2

Yes, most patients are able to walk up stairs ( and hopefully stay up there for a while)  after tummy tuck surgery. I would suggest that you have help on each side of you and you take your time with very slow steps.

Walking up stairs after tummy tuck

+2

Take your time walking up the stairs and have someone next to you at all times on the stairs...you should be ok to do this as long as you don't stumble. 

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Walking Upstairs After Mommy Makeover

+2

You may need some help but you should be able to do a flight of stairs. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!