How much should I be walking 3 days post op from tummy tuck, muscle repair & lipo?

I also seem to be sleeping a lot. Is that normal?

Post op recovery

I would advise you to walk at least once per hour. It is important to get out of bed so that you do not get a blood clot.

332 Washington St
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481

Walking post tummy

The key is keep your legs muscles moving.Walk very carefully early on.while in bed keep your elgs elevated and contract your calf muscles and move your feet/ankles.This is important.Also wear compressive stockings.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

3700 Central Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Steven Katz M.D.

Three days after a tummy tuck which included tightening muscles and liposuction, I would expect you to be a little sore. Don't worry about the soreness, it is all normal. Walk as much as you are comfortable with. Don't be afraid to relax even sleep! It is important to stay as active as you can however to avoid stiffness or blood clots in your legs. Everyday you will feel a little better. Everyone is different in how long it takes to get back to full activity. It is normal for some people to have some soreness and swelling for two to three weeks after this procedure.

Steven M. Katz, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

224 Wall St.
Huntington, NY 11743