When Should You Try to Walk Up Straight After a Tummy Tuck?

It has been 8 days after my surgery and I still can't walk straight. Is this normal? should I try walking straight already?

Duration of Inability to Walk Straight after a Tummy Tuck

+1

There is no reason why you or anyone who has had a Tummy Tuck should walk hunched over ("Flipped L" or Groucho Marx position). In the vast majority of cases this is due to fear that straightening may result in wound disruption and increasingly severe back pain caused by muscle spasms caused by the hunching.

By numbing the tummy with long lasting anesthesia, my patients have little to no pain and walk straight after surgery and rarely need to be told to straighten up.

Try straightening up and feel the increasing tightness. You will know when to stop. the more you do this the faster your recovery will be.

Dr. p. Aldea