Will High Profile Silicone Implants Give Me a 'Cone' Look?

Im 17 years old, I am getting my BA done in 2 days. (I know, left it a bit late to ask) I am a full 32a or a very small 32b. I was going to get 350cc but was worried about loosing 25-50cc going under the muscle so i changed it too 400cc. I am still worried there going to look small, i have been reading online and people saying there bras say C,D,E, but in clothes only look a B or C? Is 400cc enough? I do have a very small frame.

High Profile Implants = Cone Look?

+1

High profile implants will give a patient a more rounded look than a low profile implant. You should try on all of the different profile implants that fit the base width of your breast. Do not focus on a number. Numbers are irrelevant, what is relevant is that you get the implant that fits you breast. If you have an implant placed that is too wide for your breast then half of the implant will sit in your armpit. Who wants that right?? So forget about the number, make sure your surgeon chooses the implant that fits your breast. Once you know the width of your breast there are only a few choices of implants you can have. What you need to decide then is which implant, low profile, high profile or moderate profile implant gives you the look you are going for. 

The high profile cone look

+1

It sounds like you are looking to have the fullest augmentation possible on your frame, and the better way to communicate your wishes is a photo of how you want to look. In order to push the volume a high profile implant can be necessary to keep the breast from extending out under your arm, and yes the higher profile can look rather round and ball like, perhaps a cone if you wish. There are indeed bras which make a busty D or E look smaller, but be careful what you ask for. I think the only thing you will lose under the muscle is a ripple and round upper implant edge.

Will High Profile Silicone Implants Give Me a 'Cone' Look

+1

Without a photo or at least some chest measurements it is hard to give specific advice.

400 cc will probably give you a size increase of 2 or more cup sizes with a 32 band size. We often quote, when asked, a one cup size increase for each 200 cc or so. But the cup on a 32 band is smaller than one on a 34 band, and so forth. 

In terms of a cone shape, I don't have a clue whether what you consider a cone shape to be has any relationship to my own definition. You will be best served to review all this with your surgeon. 

If your chosen implant is wider that your breast dimension, you will risk having an unnatural appearing outcome, and having breast going beyond the outer boundary of the chest wall. That might be the case with a 400 cc implant on a 32A chest.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Breast implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.
Dr Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

In our practice we tell our patients that 200-225 equall about one cup size. If you are a small A cup to a B cup that 400cc should take you to a nice C cup. Its hard to be more accurate without an exam.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS