When I Wake Up my Nose is a Lot Bigger Than Usual - How Can I Fix This?

It takes nearly the whole day to go back to normal. But on some days it doesn't even get smaller. I am wondering if i am allergic to something and there is an easy way to fix this or if i need surgery in order to fix the problem. It stops me from wanting to do things in the day because it looks ugly. I somehow think that if i don't have a shower in the day, it sometimes goes back to normal, but if i do have a shower it stays big.

Nose is Bigger Than Usual When Wakes Up in Morning

+3

Hi,

When you wake up your nose is a lot bigger than usual?  You need to stop telling lies in your dreams, Pinocchio.  Just kidding.  You should consult with an otolaryngologist (ENT) for evaluation of your problem.  Book a morning appointment so that your nose is maximally swollen.  And do continue showering on a regular basis.  Good luck, be well, and please let us know what is found. 

Dr. P

Morning nasal swelling

+1

Morning nasal swelling may be related to allergies.  Get an appointment with an ENT to be evaluated or an allergist.

Nose bigger in the morning.

+1

Our faces swell when we sleep as does the nose. This should be not really noticeable. See an ENT surgeon when your nose is swollen to get an opinion.