How old do you have to be to get injectable Rhinoplasty with Restylane?

Hello, I am 16 years old (female) and ever since I was 15 I started to realized how much I dislike my nose. I have an ethnic nose so it is wide in the nasal area and flattened a but a the tip. Luckily, I have found a plastic surgeon that does restylane in my area. However, I read a lot about how 16 is too young. I just really hate my nasal flare and especially when I smile and how wide my nose gets.

Restylane to correct the nose

+1
Restylane is an accepted method of injection to "re-shape" anatomic areas of the face.  16 years old is generally believed to be too young to start these procedures.  

Age for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1
A non-surgical rhinoplasty is a procedure to improve the appearance of the nose by adding volume through injections of dermal fillers.  In my practice, Restylane is the most commonly injected filler to the nose.  A non-surgical rhinoplasty can be used to:

a)  Build up the nasal dorsum
b)  Camouflage a nasal hump
c)  Fill in depressions 

It is unlikely that a non-surgical rhinoplasty will define the tip of your nose or improve the widening of the nose when you smile.

I would feel comfortable performing a non-surgical rhinoplasty on a 16 year old female after informed consent.  You would need your parent or guardian present to give the doctor permission.   

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon