Waiting for Second Juvederm Injection on Lips?

What is the safe time period to request another injection to get what I really liked before the swelling totally subsided?

Don't want to ruin my lips and can live with them without Juvederm, but just loved them initially after injection.

Juvederm for the Lips

+2

After about 2 weeks times it would be prudent to have the injection of another syringe of juvederm.  I would like for all the swelling to subside, which at about 2 weeks time it should all be gone.

This way I can analyze the symmetry and make sure that we maintain that.

Two weeks is the most common time for Juvederm reinjection

+1

And this is the time point that you should consider reinjecting Juvederm. Sometimes if there is significant oozing and bruising during the procedure, the swelling may persist for greater than 2 weeks. So waiting a full month is another more conservative option in this setting. Generally 2 weeks is when I have patients come back to have either more filler injected or to have some of it taken out if there is augmentation that is not as desirable to get as perfect results that you can possibly get. Ultimately you should not notice any changes for about a week and know that the augmentation is stable before considering reinjected and this occurs usually about 2 weeks to a month.

Knowing the correct aesthetics makes a huge difference in the lips. The lips should really be the shape of the ideal eye in the reverse manner and the lower lips should match the eye the most. The upper lip should only by at most 1/2 an iris width high and 1 iris width wide. Although mathematical, the presentation to the person is very beautiful to the viewer.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

If you liked the way they looked after the initial injection, then I would wait a few weeks after the injection to have additional material injected.

Second Injection of Juvederm for lips

+1

You can do it after 2 weeks of the initial injection. That is usually enough time to show you the final result. At this point if you feel you need more, go for it. Just make sure you communicate to your physician how much you want. If you want only a little bit more you can ask your physician to use a small syringe of Restylane 0.4cc. Unfortunately Juvederm does not make the small sized syringe.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm injections

+1

Although additional Juvederm injections can safely be done immediately, I would recommend waiting 1-2 weeks until the swelling has subsided.  I hope you are able to achieve the look you are looking for.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm in the Lips...When Can a Little More Be Added?

+1

Hi Eden Star,

Pucker up and call your injecting physician.  You may have more Juvederm in your lips within 3 days after your initial injections. 

Make sure to communicate with your injecting physician your desires.

Be well and enjoy your sexy lips.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Juvederm to Lips - "Touch Up"

+1

It's not unusual, especially the first time that you have a filler like Juvederm to notice that you might need " a little more" after the swelling has subsided. I usually recommend waiting at least 2 weeks. When you reach the point at which you are happy, then your physician will know what the total injection volume should be to address your concerns and when you need another session (3-6 months) you are likely to achieve the results you want with one injection.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Everyone is different

+1

The metabolism of HA is different in different people.  When you see the product decreasing, you should go in for more injections.  There really is no set time period.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD