4 Months After Restylane in Tear Troughs & Cheeks - Hyaluronidase or Wait?

4 months ago, I had Restylane injected in my tear troughs and cheek area. The results were poor and it looked like I had big bags under my eyes. And now I'm wondering if I can get rid of them by to use Hyaluronidase acid, or i shoud waitting Restylane dissolve ? beacause i heard about HA side effects and i 'm very scared unfortunately HA will dissolve nature tissue Appreciate your expertise.

Dissolving Restylane around the eyes

+2

Greetings~

I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your Restylane results in your tear troughs.  This is something we do quite a lot and patients are extremely happy.  Unfortunately, an experienced injector is essential.  If you still notice the bags under the eyes from the Restylane you should certainly consider having it treated with Hyaluronidase to dissolve it...the procedure is quick and painless and you will very soon have the eye area you did prior to Restylane.  If they were my eyes and I was unhappy, I would not wait for it to disappear on its own, I would have it dissolved and once you're ready maybe try a new injector.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Massage, hyaluronidase or eyelid surgery may solve the problems.

+2

If too much Restylane was injected, hyaluronidase is a good choice.  It is possible in some instances to use a cotton-tipped applicator and disperse the Restylane.  A specialist would know how to do this.  If you have too much fat in your lower eyelids, this may be the cause of the bagginess which has been made worse by the Restylane.  In that case, lower eyelid blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) would be the answer.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane - 4 Months After Restylane in Tear Troughs & Cheeks - Hyaluronidase or Wait?

+1

It sounds like hyaluronidase is the right thing for you.

Although Restylane and other hyaluronic acids will be absorbed on their own over time, and usually within about 4-6 months, it can last longer.  In that or in any other situation in which you feel (and your physician agrees) there is an excess of hyaluronic acid filler, "dissolving" it with hyaluronidase makes a lot of sense.

Of course, even that has to be administered appropriately, and there may be some stinging associated with the injections, but it would appear to be appropriate for you.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Unhappy with filler, restylane

+1

If you have a poor result, then there is no sense in waiting for it to dissolve since it can take a year to dissolve.  Hyaluronidase can make it flatter.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Restylane problem under eyes

+1

Although restylane usually dissolves by 6 months or so, around the eyes I have seen it last longer.  If you are having problems with it, you may want to dissolve it.

You can't walk around with big bags.

+1

Yes, by all means get this adjusted.  The beauty of the hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane, Juevederm and Perlane is that they can be adjusted.  If necessary, all of the volume can be removed with the enzyme Hyaluronidase.  You do need to find someone with experience working with this product.  I offer this service but if you look around you are likely to find someone close to home to help you.