Waiting for Dental Implant Site to Heal, Should I Get Braces or Can I Get Invisalign?

The tooth is located in the aesthetic zone. I also have some temporaries. I would like to straighten teeth before having the implant inserted. My cosmetic dentist suggested invisalign - which he offers at his office. He doesn't like the idea of metal braces. I only need to straighten teeth in the top back and my lower teeth.

Implants and treatment

+1

Your Dr will tell you when it's best to do the final implant. Whether you get braces or invisalign is of no relation to the implant it's a seperate issue. When your Dr does a diagnostic set up you can see where and when the implant is placed. Your Dr will best lead you thru the progression

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Dental implants and braces

+1

The correct sequence of the treatment in aesthetic area will start with proper diagnostic step and defining the correct position of the implant. All the orthodontic treatment should be performed before any surgical treatment will start. If done uncorrectly it can lead to severe aesthetic complications. In the situation when you need to correct mild crowding of the lower teeth and the implant is placed on the upper- it can be safely done. From your description it sounds like you need the second opinion from a specialist.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Braces or Invisalign While Waiting for Implant to Heal

+1

It doesn't matter whether you do braces or Invisalign. Neither will affect the implant. If the dentist feels that Invisalign will be able to correct your problem, that would be my choice.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign during implant healing

+1

Under normal circumstances you would want to do the invisalign prior to placing the implants especially if they are in the esthetic zone.  Obviously the implant location cannot change so since you state the teeth you need to move are in the upper back and lower front you may be ok. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist