Waiting Between Active FX/Total FX or Fraxel Repair Treatments

I had Active FX/Total FX (in December) on my face neck and chest. So far so good, but my neck and chest were done on a light setting so there's not much effect from the laser. I understand the rationale for a lighter setting on the neck/chest because skin is more delicate. If I were to have either Total FX/or Fraxel Repair done again on my neck and chest (and maybe eyelids), how long do I have to wait? I'm in a hurry to have another child so I want to get this stuff over with.

Timing Between Fraxel re:pair Treatments

+2

Hi Skylar,

You can have another fractionated CO2 laser treatment with Total FX or Fraxel re:pair as soon as two to four months after the first treatment.

Don't do too much or your new baby won't recognize you and will think that you are a sibling. Good luck with your family and happy holidays.

Dr. P

Waiting between Active FX/Total FX treatments

+1

I usually wait a period of 6 to 8 weeks between ActiveFX/TotalFX treatments when done in as a series of treatments. This is specially important for patients that suffer from acne scaring and severe sun damage on their faces, neck, chest and hands.

I wish you good luck with your new child.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.