Pregnancy and Emplants

I am planning on having more children but I really want to get breast emplants. Is it best to wait untill Im done having kids ?

Breast implants and pregnancy

+1

Yes, you can have your implants placed now.  Your breasts may change however after your additional pregnancies, and this is impossible to predict.  You may require a lift of the breast tissue in the future as well.  It is safe to breastfeed with breast implants.  Good luck, /nsn.

Breast augmentation and future pregnancy

+1

Pregnancy after breast augmentation most likely will affect your breasts. In most patients, the skin stretches and the nipple will drop down. This requires a breast lift to correct.

It really depends on you. If you are planning to have back to back children 1-2 years apart, then it makes more sense to wait. If, however, you are not planning to have children for many years, then the decision is easier to make.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and pregnancy

+1

This is a personal decision. The risks to having implants before pregnancy are that you are at increased risk for needing revision surgery, breast lift, and capsular contracture. Weigh this against your desire to have the procedure done now.

sek

Breast Implants and Pregnancy

+1

There are a number of factors to consider when contemplating breast augmentation and future pregnancies.

Your current cup size usually has an impact on how large the breasts will get with pregnancy. If you are an A or small B cup, the likely hood that pregnancy will cause breast ptosis (droopiness) is small. A larger cup size is often associated with very large breasts during pregnancy and therefore increased risk of droopiness.

Size of implant you choose will have some impact on the how the breasts will look after the pregnancy. I would stay with a modest size, less than 350cc.

Duration of breasts feeding also adversely affects how the breasts will look after pregnancy.

Your skin tone and quality.

Your Plastic surgeon should be able to help you with this decision.

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast changes after implants and pregnancy

+1

Your question is timely, since certain reality TV stars known to have implants have both just had babies and are deliberating about breastfeeding. This is one of the most important issues with implants and pregnancy. There is no reason why you shouldn't try to breastfeed with implants. Your breasts will of course change more with breasfeeding, but I have probably hundreds of patients now who have had kids after implants and it is very uncommon for them to need more surgery. This is surprising since childbearing and the breast changes that result from that are one of the main reasons women get implants.

So my advice is be fully informed about all of the issues but there are no strict reasons why you should wait.

Implants and pregnancy a personal choice

+1

I think it is a personal choice. If you are definitely planning on having more children soon, then I would wait until you are done and the breasts are stable.

Pregnancy before or after breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation is a common solution to lost breast volume after pregnancy and breast feeding, though augmentation is just as common before a woman starts her family as well. Even if further pregnancy is expected (or even unexpected!) there is no reason to worry that the breast will be worse off, or breast feeding for that matter will be more difficult. In fact studies have shown that pregnancy may produce some volume loss, though is not a culprit in the development of breast droop, what we call ptosis of the breast.

If you are ready to become pregnant, or are trying, augmentation should wait. But if you are between or considering future plans augmentation is safe and the results are stable and lasting.

Best of luck.

Pregnancy and Implants

+1

This is an extremely personal decision. There is no contraindication to having implants prior to child bearing. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons for their opinions. Regards.

Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy(ies)

+1

As a principle, it is always better to operate on a stable structure; be it a breast, a tummy or a thigh.

Since pregnancy will enlarge the breasts and after pregnancy there will be a variable sagging of the breasts, pregnancy WILL cause sagging of augmented breasts as well. In addition, breast augmentation may interfere with the ability to breast feed.

IF you can wait, you will get as much longer lasting result after you are done having your family.

Dr. P. Aldea

Breast implant augmentation or enlargement before or after pregnancy, childbirth and children.

+1

That is a very personal question and the answer will depend on your quality of life issues. In my opnion, if you are planning on having more children in the near future and intend to nurse, I would advise deferring augmentation.

You should expect that with or without implants, your breasts will change in response to nursing and lactation. They may gain volume or lose volume, They may become more saggy (ptosis) or develop enlarged or stretched areolae.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast.html