Should I wait for right implant to settle or do lift surgery on left implant only? (photo)

I had bilateral breast implant removal and replacement in June 2013. My left breast had capsule contraction and my right implant had deflated. They were replaced with memory saline gel over the muscle. The implants looked great until I lost weight and now my left implant that had capsule contraction is sagging much lower than my right. I was told to wait another 6 months to see if right implant settles more but I have to wear support nearly 24/7 on my left implant to prevent it from settling even more.

Not much more change expected

+1

Thanks for your question. It is hard to say from the picture angle exactly how much of a difference there is. 6 months should be enough time if things are stable. There is no "rush" but I can appreciate the frustration of feeling you needed support. If the presence of the implant alone is causing sagging then you either have too big an implant or diminished elasticity. Hopefully your plastic surgeon can discuss these things with you. Best of Luck!

Breast

+1
Thank you for the question and picture.

I would suggest for you to follow your PS advice and give it time for them to settle.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery for breast implant asymmetry at 6 months

+1
It would appear that there are several things going on in your case, with a lot dependent on whether the capsular contracture is in fact recurring. If that is the case then another implant exchange and a Strattice graft would be very helpful, along with going under the muscle. It looks like there is asymmetry of the nipples, which would not be related to the implants but might require a breast lift. An in-person exam is the only way to give definitive advice in cases like yours.

Richard Baxter, MD

Should I wait for right implant to settle or do lift surgery on left implant only?

+1

Well it has been six months... You need a lifting and other revision surgery NOW! Best to fully understand this surgery... 

Uneven breasts at 6 months may be ready for surgical improvement.

+1
Greetings,

Just looking at your photo (not an optimal frontal view) at 6 months, it appears as if you could benefit from a lift on the lower left breast. Are the breast volumes nearly equal?   Without an examination, it is not possible to assess the capsules around the implants.

Timing for your surgical care is a matter of judgement. I would not hesitate to correct the uneven breast at this time if this was troubling you. You should discuss your concerns and your options for this revision surgery with your plastic surgeon.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1
I think that if your surgery was almost 7 months ago, you can look to have them revised. Yes, weight loss can impact the overall shape.

Breast revision options

+1
Dear fourpeaks83,

There are various breast revision options.  You and your plastic surgeon will have to evaluate implant position, pocket symmetry, breast issue and areola position.

Once this is done the proper breast revision options can be selected.  I suspect a combination of implant pocket and breast tissue modification will be needed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Uneven

+1
You would benefit from a lift on the left but at the same time you are still early since your last surgery and changes may occur.  I would follow your surgeon's advice

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon