Should I Wait for These Double Bubble Effect to Correct Itself? (photo)

I had a breast implant 8 days ago. The double bubble appeared on the following day after the surgery. I have talked to my doctor about my concerns and he said my breasts would correct themself in 2 months without any further surgery. I'm scared and stressing out. Is that true they will improve themself without other surgery? Should I look for an other doctor now? Thank you!

Breast Implant Double Bubble Will Not Correct In Time-Revision Needed

+4

I am truly sorry to tell you that the double bubble after Breast Implant Surgery will not correct with time, taping, compression bra or other device.

The Inframammary Ligament which holds the breast and implant in the proper position has been violated and must be reconstructed.

A revision is necessary and if done properly will restore you to a very nice result.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Double Bubble following breast aug.

+3

Thanks very much for your question.  Unfortunately, I have to agree with many of the other answers, I think you will need corrective surgery.  The question then becomes not if but when should further surgery be preformed.  You either need to correct things in the immediate period, or you should wait for 3 months or so to allow for things to heal prior to any further surgery in the area.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble

+2

It looks unlikely that this shape will correct without further surgery. I would suggest after an appropriate amount of time that you consider surgery to improve the shape.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

You will need revision

+2

Sorry about your results.  I agree with some of the doctors below that no matter what you do your double bubble will not be corrected unless you do another surgery.  It is best to wait at least 6 months to allow complete healing and then repair the infra mammary folds.  Talk to your doctor first and get second opinions.  When choosing your plastic surgeon have them show you before/after of similar cases to yours which they have corrected; no photos means no surgery.

There is no way this will correct itself.

+2

Double bubble deformities do not correct themselves. Although I usually recommend waiting 6-12 months prior to most breast implant revisions, you may want to do yours sooner. Otherwise, your implants could actually migrate further toward your abdomen.

Bottoming out not likely to go away with time

+2

You have very significant bottoming out of the implants. I doubt this will get better with time. It doesn't hurt to wait but I would be surprised if you don't need more surgery.

Web reference: http://www.squiresclinic.com/denver-photo-gallery/breast-augmentation

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble

+2

Hello Tes122,

We surgeons that read and answer posts have a duty to give the best, unbiased answers possible, so that the poster can make the best decisions for herself.  Some of us can be more direct or forceful in our comments than others.  Most of us are aware that you are nervous or concerned, and even scared, so we try not to elicit more anxiety than you're already experiencing.

I want to tell you that you shouldn't be scared, but you will need another surgery to correct the problem you are experiencing.  Taping or specialized garments like thong or compression bras will not be able to overcome the force of these implants that have pried open and displaced your inframammary folds.

More importantly, you need to know that  your surgeon is either inexperienced and doesn't know, or is not being honest if he has told you that this will get better. Whether it is one or the other, I suggest that you might seek out another surgeon.

You should go to the website for the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to find a qualified surgeon.  Then check to see that they specialize in breast revision surgery.  This should be taken care of sooner than later.

I am sure you are going to be fine, and eventually have a nice result.

All the best.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Bottoming out

+2

Bottoming out occurs when the implant falls below the natural breast file and you develop a double bubble. Sometimes if you wear a band ( thongbra) it may correct this problem. Best to ask your surgeon.  If not, you likely will need revision surgery.

Will double bubble correct itself?

+2

Your double bubble will not correct itself and you will need additional surgery.  This is not a minimal double bubble which could go on to heal on its own.  I think you need to have a serious discussion with your plastic surgeon as this represents overdissection of the pockets bilaterally.  Unfortunately, you are in a bind because, if you go elsewhere, you will be paying twice for the operation but, if you stay with your surgeon, you may have already lost confidence.  If you were not treated by a board certified plastic surgeon, then I would encourage you to seek a second opinion before agreeing to revision.

"Double Bubble"

+2

It is possible for a small double bubble to self-correct over time but I am afraid this will not be the case for you. Taping the skin below your original breast fold may help, but I think the best treatment at this time would be a strong surgical compression garment for the breast that has a tight elastic band that will help push the implants back up to your original fold. This may reduce the problem but probably will not fix it. Once the swelling and inflammation have resolved you will need a second procedure to recreate the original breast crease and put in smaller implants.

Web reference: http://www.breastsurgeryindianapolis.com