Should I Wait to Reach My Weight Loss Goal Before Coolsculpting?

I am 38 year old, 5' 8" and according to the trainer have a normal range with body fat, however I still have 15 pounds to lose and despite my 40 pound loss, my abdomen still has a pouch that won't seem to go anywhere. I want to get the coolsculpting before the summer since it takes time to see the results, but i wasn't sure if i should wait or get it when finish losing hte weight. I exercise at least 6 times a week and watch what i eat. thank, C

Coolsculpting ideal weight

+2

Coolsculpting works great when the physician has properly selected the patient based upon the fat quality, location, distribution and amount for each patient. Results are consistently excellent with this approach. If you do not meet those criteria, you may not be an appropriate candidate. Losing weight occasionally will help but by itself may not be enough.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and weight loss

+1

For someone such as you who is very committed to losing the weight and exercising regularlly, you should continue to lose the weight and then do the CoolSculpting.  Then the CoolSculpting by Zeltiq can be done when you are at close to your ideal body weight.  If you stray from your new lifestyle and eat more or exercise less after Zeltiq, then you may gain more weight.  You are correct in that it takes several months to see the clinical result and many people need a few, not one treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD