Should I Wait Before Considering a Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 6 months ago to fix my bump, overprojected nose & to have a smaller tip. I had an appointment with my surgeon 2 months after the surgery and we both noticed a small "bump" above the tip. She told me it was probably cartilage and that we would see how to fix it 1 year after the surgery if needed. Since then (February), the little bump has become more visible and my tip seems quiet "droopy" probably because of the still swollen tip. Should I have a revision now or wait ?

Timing for Revision

+1

Your nose is continuing to change with the tip beginning to droop downward. 6 months from now, your surgeon and you will have a more complete understanding of what revisions need to be made. While patience is difficult it is the wisest course.

Revision recomended

+1

As you are noticing the "bump " above your tip  is getting bigger. This is because your tip is starting to droop downward making the bump more visible. I would recomend you wait for a full year then discuss revision with your surgeon.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision for supra tip bump

+1

The supra tip bump you're noticing is probably becoming more noticeable as your tip settles and the skin swelling resolves. It's typically a good idea to wait about a year after surgery to allow your nose to heal more fully. This allows for a better assessment of what exactly needs to be done.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Wait for six months

+1

Thank you for you questions and pictures. I think ultimately you will need a revision rhinoplasty, but you will have to wait for another six months for all the swelling and scarring to resolve. You have a supra tip swelling, inverted V deformity, alar retraction and bulbous tip. A full evaluation by a specialist with special interest in revision nasal surgery will address these point. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Timing of Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

As expected, your nose is continuing to change. Wait another 6 months before having a revision to improve any undesirable features.

Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

Beside pollybeak deformity and alar retraction, you have a bulbous tip and thick nasal skin as well as inverted V deformity at the junction of your bony dorsum and the upper cartilages. All these can be corrected by an experienced revision surgeon. I would wait another 6 months before considering revision surgery.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm 6 months past surgery may I revise now

+1

You have a pollybeak defority as wellas a hanging columella. It can be fixed now by an expert in this revision field. Besies the scientific terminologyit is a very unattractive nose on a very pretty face. A simple closed technique on only the necesary areas is very desirable

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Should I Wait Before Considering a Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

Thanks for posting the great photos. They demonstrate a "supra tip" deformity that needs correction after 6 to 9 months post initial rhinoplasty.