I had a rhinoplasty 6 months ago to fix my bump, overprojected nose & to have a smaller tip. I had an appointment with my surgeon 2 months after the surgery and we both noticed a small "bump" above the tip. She told me it was probably cartilage and that we would see how to fix it 1 year after the surgery if needed. Since then (February), the little bump has become more visible and my tip seems quiet "droopy" probably because of the still swollen tip. Should I have a revision now or wait ?
Should I Wait Before Considering a Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)
Doctor Answers (8)
Timing for Revision
Your nose is continuing to change with the tip beginning to droop downward. 6 months from now, your surgeon and you will have a more complete understanding of what revisions need to be made. While patience is difficult it is the wisest course.
As you are noticing the "bump " above your tip is getting bigger. This is because your tip is starting to droop downward making the bump more visible. I would recomend you wait for a full year then discuss revision with your surgeon.
Revision for supra tip bump
The supra tip bump you're noticing is probably becoming more noticeable as your tip settles and the skin swelling resolves. It's typically a good idea to wait about a year after surgery to allow your nose to heal more fully. This allows for a better assessment of what exactly needs to be done.
You might also like...
Wait for six months
Thank you for you questions and pictures. I think ultimately you will need a revision rhinoplasty, but you will have to wait for another six months for all the swelling and scarring to resolve. You have a supra tip swelling, inverted V deformity, alar retraction and bulbous tip. A full evaluation by a specialist with special interest in revision nasal surgery will address these point.
Timing of Revision Rhinoplasty
As expected, your nose is continuing to change. Wait another 6 months before having a revision to improve any undesirable features.
Beside pollybeak deformity and alar retraction, you have a bulbous tip and thick nasal skin as well as inverted V deformity at the junction of your bony dorsum and the upper cartilages. All these can be corrected by an experienced revision surgeon. I would wait another 6 months before considering revision surgery.
I'm 6 months past surgery may I revise now
You have a pollybeak defority as wellas a hanging columella. It can be fixed now by an expert in this revision field. Besies the scientific terminologyit is a very unattractive nose on a very pretty face. A simple closed technique on only the necesary areas is very desirable
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.