Can Anyone Vouch for a Product Called SCARprin?

I've tried using scar reduction creams before for my keloid scars, with little results. However this product, SCARprin, is formatted with 100% silicone ingredients. I am not a doctor, and so I have no idea what that means for me. Are they just trying to sound fancy so people buy their product? Or will a cream that is 100% silicone be more effective than products I've tried like ScarZone or Mederma. My scars are also about 10 years old now :/ does that decrease the success of reduction?

Melarase PM cream for keloid discoloration of the skin

+2

Silicone works well for scar tissue, a fact that is proven in clinical trials.   I would recommend a silicone topical in addition to more definitive procedures for the keloid scars. 

I recommend the Melarase AM cream for dark discoloration after keloid treatment. 

Scarprin

+2

Yes you are correct, this is a gimmicky marketing tool for a product that will do you no good especially on a ten year old scar

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Scar products

+1

I have not been overimpressed with scar products in general. I have not heard of SCARprin.   Good luck.

Scar creams

+1

In general, there are no scar products that work better than vaseline.  Silicone sheets may help with early scars at best.  I wouldnt expect old scars to respond to silicone products. Lasers may help with old scars if performed by a skilled dermatologist

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist