Can a Fat Transfer correct volume loss around eyes? (photos)

I've lost a great deal of volume around my eyes and through my cheeks. I've always had deep set and hallow eyes with cheeks that were quite chunky.. I was wondering if a fat transfer could restore this? I have tired Restylane and always get eye infections and it swells even now 6 months later so I'm not ever putting that back in my eyes.

Fat Grafting for hollows under eyes

+3
Fat grafting can be the ideal solution to under eye hollows. It  can provide a soft, natural looking permanent result. Fat grafting requires, expertise, experience significant training and patience from a plastic surgeon. Find a plastic surgeon who can demonstrate success with fat grafting by sharing many many before and after images of patients they have treated. Then check for and confirm any plastic surgeon you consider has excellent training, credentials and the philosophy of the plastic surgeon you would like to consider before scheduling a consultation. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Periorbital Fat Grafting

+2
Fat grafting to the eyes is a great way to improve the hollow around your eyes as long as it is done by an experienced surgeon. Many people think they have dark skin under their eyes. Sometimes, it truely is dark pigmented skin, but often it is just a shadow from the hollow. If done conservatively, it can significantly improved the hollowed, sick, or emaciated appearance.

Scott J. Engel, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

A fat transfer around the eyes would help you improve the hollow appearnace.

+2
Fat transfers to this area are technically difficult, so make sure you find a surgeon who has experience working in this area.  The eyelids may also get quite swollen afterwards, so expect some downtime and an overcorrected appearance initially.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer for volume loss

+2

Hello and thank you for your question.

To answer your question, yes a fat transfer can help you. This is a procedure I perform for periocular (around the eyes) rejuvenation routinely. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Can a Fat Transfer correct volume loss around eyes?

+1
   Fat grafting is a reasonable alternative to continued temporary filler injections.  The result will be permanent.  Sometimes the fat grafting needs to be repeated, as it is better to underfill rather than overfill the area.

Fat grafting for the eyes

+1
Dear Lilah31,

• Fat grafting under the eyes can replace regular Restylane injections for a more permanent result
  • It does take a certain level of expertise and experience to graft under the eyes, so choose your surgeon carefully
  • With proper technique, the results are fantastic

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD