Should I get Voluma XC fillers pre Thyroidectomy for hollowness in eyes and cheeks?

If there is a chance that I will gain weight post thyroidectomy, should fillers be done?

I would wait

If there is a chance of gaining weight, you should wait until you have recovered from your thryoidectomy and check your appearance.  Everyone is different, but in general a modest weight gain will be favorable for your facial appearance.  At that point you might be able to treat any remaining areas of volume loss with less filler than you would have needed otherwise.

875 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30342

When should I get Voluma

A bit hard to answer, but in general, even people who gain weight still like definition in their faces so many still get fillers done. Voluma should be injected into the upper cheek area, and not specifically the tear trough area, but creating volume and definition in the upper cheek area often resolves the hollowness of the tear troughs.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117

Voluma should not be placed in the "hollow" of the is a deep placement and specific for the cheekbone malar area. I would suggest discussing with a Board Certified Dermatologist with expertise with Voluma.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

230 George Bush Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33444