Is Voluma Thicker Than Perlane? Would It Drag Down my Lower Cheek?

I haven't found a lot of people gotten Voluma. But I heard that this filler is thicker than Perlane. Would it drag down my cheek? Thanks.

Voluma or Perlane for Cheek Augmentation

+2

Both of these hyaluronic acid fillers are excellent and have significant longevity up to a year in the malar area. Both, if injected deep along the malar highlights, are excellent volumizers of this area. I prefer Voluma for the malar areas.

Voluma's Great Potential

+1
Voluma has been recently approved by the FDA. It is ideal as a liquid facelift that I recommend for both males and females to restore volume in cheeks, cheekbones, and chin. The treatment is very easy and the recovery period for my patients that I have treated has been very brief. 

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma vs. Perlane

+1

Because Voluma is not FDA approved in the US, it's difficult to answer your question. However, with any dermal filler, proper injection technique will eliminate your cheek being overfilled.

Sam Naficy, MD

Voluma is not yet approved in the United Sates

+1

Voluma is not yet approved in the United Sates. I think it can be injected in the cheeks and so forth, but it needs to be done correctly. Any facial filler can pull the cheek down if not injected correctly.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon