Voluma filler- I loved my initially results but day 3 post I have deflated. Do I have to pay for touchups?

Are touch ups to correct the initially problem an addition cost by most practices? Or do I need to buy another syringe.

Optimal Volume with Voluma for Best Results

+1
You probably had post-injection inflammation from the needle sticks in combination with the additional volume with Voluma.  Following resolution of the inflammation after approximately 3 days, you may have additional product injected if needed for optimal improvement.  Voluma's duration is approximately two years with optimal improvement initially.  To answer your question, there would be additional charges for additional Voluma.
Thank you.

More Voluma needed

+1
I always tell my patients that they may need more filler but to wait a few weeks before adding more.  Sometimes it's hard to tell due to swelling during and immediately after the procedure.  Whether you received a certain number of syringes on a single day or over 2 or more visits, it is standard to pay for the number of syringes you need or want.  In my Orange County Dermatology office we discount additional syringes of Voluma if needed on the same day or within a few weeks after a treatment.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma results

+1
One tip I give patients is to make sure and take good photos of your face (or have your MD do this) prior to injecting any fillers.  The reason for this is because sometimes the results are very subtle and you just may not notice any great change.  That being said, you still may have been under corrected and need to purchase one more syringe.  Usually the problem is that people feel too swollen and filled rather than feeling deflated.
It's important to make sure you and your injector are on the same page as far as expectations.  If you expected a lot more correction, your injector might have recommended 2 syringes to start with.  It can be frustrating to pay a lot of money and not get the results you want, however you may need much more product to see those results!
I recommend that you ask your injector for further advice.
Dr. Linnell

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Three days to early to judge Voluma

+1
The results of Juvederm Voluma can last up to 2 years in some patients but three days post op is too soon to judge treatment. "Touch ups" would not be the term described when needing more if initial treatment appears insufficient , you would just need more Voluma and thus would be charged appropriately by your board certified dermatologist. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma filler touchups

+1
Yes, you will have to pay if you want more filler put in. What happens when filler is first injected is that there is a bit (or a lot) of swelling (depending on the type of filler, injection technique, and location). If this is the look you liked, then you need more filler to get to that level. You will need to pay for it because the doctor will need to pay for the syringe of filler to put in you. There is no way to add "a little" filler or a touch-up. Voluma only comes in 1ml syringes so you need to buy an additional syringe.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD