Will Voluma with Cheek Implants help my outer eye hollows?

I had cheek implants 15 years ago, and lower bleph 10 years ago. My outer eye hollows are horrible, and I've had filler to the tear trough before with success but the doctor would not go farther out to the corners where the deepest hollows are. Will Voluma and Restylane help with these outer hollows? I've read that Voluma is injected deep and I worry that the implants will make it a no go.

Voluma is a wonderful option

+2
We have been using Voluma in the upper cheeks and have become more active in placing this up to the bony orbital rim that is usually volume depleted in hollow eyes. The results have been nothing short of miraculous. The outer hollows also respond well to a conservative injection. Just be aware that the entire cheek complex may need more soft tissue volume enhancement despite your past cheek implant surgery. Your complaint is not uncommon, since surgeons have for years been removing orbital fat in excess, when all that was needed was volume. This leads to the extreme hollow eyes appearance as we age and loose even more facial volume. And don't forget, Voluma will last over 2 years.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2
For undereye hollows, thinner fillers other than Voluma are ideal. Voluma is great for lifting and filling the cheeks and also improves the nasolabial fold and tear trough area. However, if the hollow is in your outer lower eyelid, a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm Ultra is likely a better option. Fillers can also be placed on or near existing implants but your injector needs to be very careful as introducing skin bacteria onto a facial implant can create an infection. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma for cheek augmentation

+1
Juvederm Voluma is great for restoring volume in the cheeks, and is safe to use with previously placed cheek implants.  With an experienced physician, Voluma and Restylane should safely improve the appearance of your under-eye hollows.  Restylane and Belotero work best for the thinner areas of the infraorbital and periorbital hollows, while Voluma works well when injected in a deeper plane. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Voluma for cheeks

+1
Yes, you can have Voluma injected to improve the area around the eye.
Chances are the implant will not be where the injections are needed.
I feel strongly the injections should only be done by a physician with specific training in the eye such as a Board Certified Opthalmologist, Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD