Is It Safe to Take Vitamins After Restylane Injection?

I just wanna know if I can continue the vitamins for skin and hair after Restylane injection?

Common vitamins are O.K.

+1

The primary concern would be having taken blood thinning medications before Restylane, or other Hyaluronic Acid filler, injection. This could increase your bruising and slow an otherwise minimal recovery. Taking them afterward would have less effect.

Typical retail multi-vitamins should be no problem, before or after. Vitamin E, flax seed oil, fish oils, etc. may cause more bleeding. Herbal supplements have unknown or poorly researched drug interactions and side effects. The latter should be avoided for several days afterward. Speak to your plastic surgeon for fuller details.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Restylane injections

+1

It should not be any problem to take vitamins after restylane injections.  I would avoid herbals that can thin the blood and cause excessive bruising. 

No Problem with Vitamins

+1

There would not be any problem with taking Vitamins, Minerals, or whatever you see fit as long as you take them within recommended limits. Similarly, you may resume the topicals which contain these products as well, eg. Vitamin C, CoffeeBerry etc. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

I usually recommend not taking certain herbs and vitamins prior to injection

+1

I usually recommend not taking certain vitamins ie vit E, folic acid, etc before injections to reduce the possibility of bruising but afterward it is fine to start taking them. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Yes, vitamins after Restylane are safe

+1

There is no reason you should not be able to continue taking your vitamins after the Rhinoplasty procedure is completed. Feel free to do so.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Okay to take vitamins

+1

It is perfectly fine to take vitamins after your injections.  Your doctor may have had you stop for fear of increasing bruising.  However, there is not reason why you can't start taking them again.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Yes but why?

+1

I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't take vitamins after Restylane injections except that it is a waste of money. All major recent studies have concluded that there is no benefit to taking vitamins above the amount you get in a healthy diet, and it can actually be harmful.

Richard Baxter, MD