Will Vitamin B Complex Help After 3 Years of Lost Sensation on One of the Breasts?

I had my implants 3 years ago and I lost the sensation on one of my breasts (the nipple and half of the skin). I've read all you have posted about it and the only positive thing was taking vitamin B complex besides waiting. How long I can take it? Is it safe?

Vitamin B for loss of nipple sensation

+3
Vitamin B will not hurt but I would not expect it to help. Given the length of time that has elapsed, massage will not be efficacious as the problem is based on nerve damage.

Numbness after BA

+2

Usually, if sensation is going to return, we see it by 18 months post-op.  I don't think that vitamin b will help things at this stage.  Sorry for your troubles.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Vitamins helping loss of sensation

+2

although there are reports of using Vitamin B6 in sensation loss from a carpal tunnel syndrome where there has not been any surgery, I do not think there is any vitamin that will help you regain the sensation in your breast. If it was going to get better, it likely would have gotten better on its own by now.

Julio Garcia, MD

Sensation loss

+2

I would not expect any return of sensation after such a lenghty time after surgery, nor would I expect the vitamins to be beneficial. I would only think that B vitamins would help a neuropathy in patients with low levels of the vitamin.

Ann F. Reilley, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

B Complex will not hurt, may not help

+2

I believe true vitamin deficiencies are more rare than the supplement industry would let on.  That being said,  B Vitamins are safe and any excess is usually excreted by the kidney.  Your loss of sensation in the breast is due to the inadverent cuttting of a sensory nerve.  It is unlikely any therapy will correct this problem 3 years out.  Good luck  Dr Rumalla

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Vitamin B for loss of nipple sensation

+2

I don't think Vitamin B will work, especially after 3 years. I have seen nipple sensation return by as late as 1-1 1/2 years but after that. I recommend massage of the breasts and nipples with your hands and even a fine brush in order to encourage the nerves to improve sensation return.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast Sensation

+2

If you lost breast sensation three years ago following surgery, the chance of meaningful recovery is unlikely, although remaining nerves accommodate over time and may become more sensitive such that you experience some restoration.  There is no scientific evidence that I know of linking B complex vitamins and recovery of sensation to denervated skin.

Steve Laverson, MD

Sensation Loss after Breast Augmentation

+2

I am not aware of any science that shows that  vitamin B  complex will reverse the loss of sensation you have experienced. I think it would be very unlikely  unfortunately (especially after 3 years), that you will regain the lost sensation.  If you do come across any literature that shows the positive affects of vitamin B  (or anything else)  please let me know.