Vitamin C Peel After Photofacial?

Can I have a light, vitamin C peel, 10 days after a photofacial (IPL treatment)? Is there any reason why I should not? Is there anything I need to specifically address with the aesthetician performing the peel? Thanks for the info and insights, in advance!

Photofacial and chemical peels

+1

A vitamin C peel 10-14 days after a photofacial is absolutely fine. It will help peel off any scabs left over, if there are any, from the photofacial, and give your skin a nice glow and more even coloration and texture.  ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Photofacial and vitamin C peel

+1

If there is no crusting or bruising left from your photofacial, you can have a vitamin C peel with an experienced aesthetican.  Mention the photofacial to her and be sure to use sun protection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

You should have no problem getting your peel.

+1

You should be fine to get a Vitamin C peel 10 days after your IPL treatment. I don't foresee any problems at all, but if you had excessive inflammation, burning, crusting, or other IPL side effects, then I would wait. If not, go ahead with your peel!

Good luck! 

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist