Does Vitamin E Affect Bleeding or Swelling in Rhinoplasty

Post surgery I was told not to have any Vitamin E or anything that might be a blood thinner. My bruises are all gone and I am past 2 weeks with no bleeding what so ever. Swelling is a whole other issue for me. What I am wondering is that does vitamin E and the blood thinners affect the swelling, healing what so ever or is just for bleeding. If I am not bleeding at all and 2 weeks past, is it safe to eat those vitamins and herbs. Outside of Sodium, what else to avoid for swelling/healing. Thnkx

Effect of Vitamin E on Rhinoplasty Bleeding

+1

I restrict my patients from Vitamin E and other vitamins, herbs, medications, and foods that thin the blood for 2 weeks after rhinoplasty. Having said that, follow your surgeon's instructions.

Blood thinners and surgery

+1

By two weeks you are probably OK to go back on Vitamin E and foods or herbs that can thin the blood, but I would check with your doctor.