Is It Ok to Use Visine Before a Rhinoplasty Surgery?

is it ok to use visine before surgery? thank you.

Visine before rhinoplasty? Why Visine?

Hi babygirl303;

If I were your surgeon, I would want to know why you are taking Visine.  Or, are you taking it because you have had a recent eye infection?  If so, that certainly needs to be attended to before having elective rhinoplasty.  Or, has someone said to you that you might have less swelling and bruising around the eyes if you use Visine?  If so, I can tell you that will have no effect. 

It is not likely that an over-the-counter eye drop can have any negative effect on your rhinoplasty, but I think your question begs more questions and answers, so that you have complete peace of mind before your elective nasal surgery.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION