Visible Indentation on Bridge of Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 2.5 weeks post op i had open rhinoplasty in Sydney, Australia and over the past few days noticed an indent on the right side of the bridge of my nose. I am overall satisfied with the outcome of my nose but I'm worried the indent is permanent and a few people have already pointed it out to me. The skin on top of the indent doesn't move when I slightly massage it, as though the skin is stuck to the bone. Could this be caused by scar tissue pinching the skin? Will I need revision surgery?

Visable Indentation After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

Overall it looks like you are healing well. You are very, very early in the post-operative period. Lots of these areas will settle down over the next 6 months to a year. In general about 95% of the swelling will resolve by 6 weeks and that last 5% can take up to one year. My advice is to stay in touch with your surgeon, but give this much time before you are concerned.

Visible Indentation on Bridge of Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Best to discuss with the operative surgeon. Appears as residual tissue but could be swelling. Good luck. 

Indentation on Bridge of Nose 2 1/2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Susan,

Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding your concern.  The dent appears to be where nasal bone was removed.  You may benefit from injectable filler if the dent continues to be obvious.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Indent of nasal skin

+1

At two weeks most of what you are describing may be swelling. Give it time to settle down, but if concerned discuss it with your surgeon.

The indentation on your nose after Rhinoplasty may spontaneously improve with time.

+1

I reviewed your concerns and your photo:

Since the skin is still immobile over the indentation, this may get better on its own. It would be unusual for your nasal skin to remain bound down to your nasal skeleton indefinitely. You should certainly discuss your concern with your surgeon. Watchful waiting for another month or two will allow your nose to continue to heal, and may lead to release of the nasal skin over the indentation. If this is still problematic for you at that time, feel free to re ask your query with another photo.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Indentation after Rhinoplasty

+1

There are multiple ways to manage this concern.  Sometimes, this area can be freed from the underlying tissue with massage.  This may soften with time as well.  It could be injected with filler.  The area could be dissected free through a closed approach.  the physical exam and palpation of this area will give the best information.   I would ask your plastic surgeon about preferences for managing this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA