Visible Hard Lumps on Face and Neck 14 Months After Tumescent Liposuction

I had revision tumescent liposuction to my face/neck, after 2 previous procedures, 14 months ago. There was significant bleeding during the operation and my face/neck was heavily swollen. Bandages were applied for the first 24 hours, then I wore a compression garment for 6 weeks. Doctor squeezed out blood and left OR, telling nurses to bandage me immediately, didn't delaying 10 mins. Now have hard lumps in pockets under jawline and on cheeks. What is this and how could it be treated?

Tumescent

+1

I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  I do not think anyone but a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should be doing lipo on the face.  There are many things that can go wrong on the face.  A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon can assist you in making the best decisions.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Hard lumps after facial liposuction

+1

Your story sounds frightening and after a year the lumps may be related to the bleeding and scar formed as a result of the liposuction procedure. Unfortunately you will have to seek out another board certified plastic surgeon in your area to help sort things out. As we say to all, do your homework and choose wisely.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/liposuction

Lumps more than 1 year after face liposuction

+1

As others have pointed out, these lumps are not likely to go away. If your doctor will not address them, you should seek out a surgeon who has experience with this type of problem. Depending on what is found on a good physical exam (fat necrosis, scar, seroma), there may be a treatment option (ultrasound, cautious steroid injections, surgical excision). Get a few opinions and don’t rush into anything.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after facial work

+1

There are so many possibiilties as to what  may be going on.  An exam would be critical. Possibilites include fat necrosis lumps, fluid collections, and scar tissue to name a few.

Lumpiness after chin liposuction

+1

Now that it has been about a year and a half since your liposuction, residual lumpiness is probably related to scar tissue.  Yes, it could be related to hematomas (blood collections) that were present postoperatively that have essentially gone on to scar.  In instances such as this, we have successfully used laser liposuction to soften these hard/fibrotic areas.  Be sure to get an in-person consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon and see if this option is available to you.  

Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to face

+1

a surgeon who leaves the operating room before his patient is fully stable and all bleeding is well controlled is IRRISPONSIBLE.

fIND ANOTHER PLASTIC SURGEON WHO CARES ABOUT THE WELLBEING OF HIS PATIENTS AND THE SAFETY OF HIS PATIENTS.

wHAT YOU HAVE COULD BE FAT NECROSIS, HEMATOMAS OR FAT COLLECTIONS.

GET ANTHER OPINION