What Breast Lift Technique is Best for Women with Fair Skin and No Visible Areolae?

I have very light skin (redhead). I have no visible areolae around my nipples. My breasts are large (size DD). I would like to know what breast lift technique is used and if the scarring would be more apparent without the areolae and due to my light skin.

Best technique for breast lift

+1

Regardless of your skin tone, the best for you really depends upon your anatomy and what technique will give the best result with the least amount of scarring.

There is No "Best" Breast Lift Technique for All Patients

+1

Hi there-

There are a great many variables that should appropriately go into the decision of which technique to use in any individual case...

These variables include your goals, the shape and size of your breasts, and the quality and quantity of your skin... as well as some other choices you should discuss with your surgeon.

There is no reason to believe that your skin color or lack of a well defined areola should affect your outcome or the choice of technique....

Having said all of that, I would not be doing you any favors if I did not add that you are getting the cart before the horse here.... (and many women do)

It is my very strong opinion that it is a mistake to shop for a procedure (or price) then find a surgeon able to give you what you think you want. Your chances of ending up unhappy are much higher proceeding in this fashion.

You are infinitely better off first looking for a surgeon that you like and feel you can trust and get along with, and THEN discussing your goals, having an exam, and making plans for technique.

Here is some advice on how best to do so:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2009/11/choosing-plastic-surgeon-part-2.html#723

It is not skin type but rather breast size and droop that determines the best surgical approach for a breast lift

+1

The nature of your skin type or the shade of your areolas are not the determining factor as to the type of breast lift best suited for your anatomy. The size and amount of droop to your breasts are the key factors your surgeon will evaluate to decide which operation to choose. The fact that you are a DD cup will likely obligate you to one of two surgical approaches resulting in either a lollipop or anchor scar pattern. There is no predicting before the surgery how noticeable the scars will be after surgery. However, fair skinned individuals commonly form scars that are minimally visible.

Lift and skin pigmentation

+1

The type of breast lift has little to due with the pigmentation of the skin.  I depends of how far the nipple/areola sit below the breast crease.  Scarring should not be more apparent has long as good surgical techniques are used.

Dr. ES

Breast Lift Techniques

+1

There is not a correct answer that is the same for all patients.  The decision really depends on the size and shape of your breast, your skin quality, and your tolerance for substandard results if you are demanding a short scar when a long incision is required to achieve the best shape.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Best Breast Reduction Technique in Redheads / very Fair Skinned Women

+1

There are two competing schools of thought among Plastic surgeons as to which surgical technique of Breast Reduction / Breast Lift (skin shaping VS Breast Shaping) would yield the best looking breasts.

In my opinion, the jury has been back with the decision a long time ago. Not only do breast Shaping techniques (aka Short Scar breast reduction / Breast Lift, Hall-Findlay Technique etc) create better looking, perkier breasts but these results last MUCH longer than the skin tightening (Anchor, inverted T, Lollipop, periareolar) techniques.

Scar appearance in blonds, redheads and other fair skinned women is much better than in other ethnic groups such as Asian or olive skin individuals.

Best breast lift technique depends on degree of sagging, not skin type

+1

The degree of sagging and your desired shape will determine the scar configuration. This will involve scars around the edge of the areola but with pale skin they usually fade very nicely. Even though your areolas have indistinct margins, there aren't any good methods for lifting that avoid the area completely.

Vertical (lollipop scar) breast lift best for most women.

+1

Hi.

From your description, you need a vertical (Lejour technique) breast lift, which can be done together with a small breast reduction if you want.  This operation not only avoids the long scar under your breasts, but gives you much better long term shape. The breasts are lifted from the inside without relying on skin tension (skin stretches).

Your scars around the nipples may be a little more noticeable because your areolas are so pale.  But I can tell you that women accept these scars very well if they love their new perky breasts.

Nothing special

+1

Sounds like you need a reduction and not just a mastopexy. The larger you are , if you only have a mastopexy, the quicker your breasts will fall again. Your type of skin color usually heals very well. Also, everyone has an areola - no matter how light. The plastic surgeon will deal with it.