Do I have to have a TT with my BBL? (photo)

I am 5'6 190lbs, 38G bra, 42 around belly button, 41 hip. Going for a BBL and do not want a TT. I workout and have gone from 228 to 190 in 8 months by completely changing my eating habits & working out. My waist is back! My stomach has never been flat & always had a lower pouch. I really don't care about it or loose skin. My upper roll has almost completely disappeared with no saggy skin, elasticity seems pretty good. Do I have to have a TT & how much saggy should I expect? What is a miniTT?

BBL first and TT later as second procedure

+2

Thank you for your question and photos. I would not do a BBL and Tummy Tuck at ther same operation. If the tummy is used to harvest fat you may have more sagging of the tummy. If that bothers you then decide to have a tummy tuck after you have recovered from thge BBL.

BBL with or without a tummy tuck

+2

Great question! During your Brazilian Butt Lift, your plastic surgeon will perform liposuction in order to harvest fat and to sculpt your midsection. Liposuction removes fat, but does not remove skin, so it can lead to saggy skin. You do have skin overhang on your lower abdomen already - even with your arms raised. Liposuction could make this worse - it depends on how elastic your skin is. The key is having proper expectations. It sounds like you fully understand that a BBL alone will probably not fully reshape your abdomen and you are OK with that. You can always decide to have a tummy tuck later.

A mini tummy tuck is performed in patients with a pooch below the navel, but a flat stomach above the belly button.Only the muscles below the belly button are tightened and the extra skin under the belly button is removed.During a mini tummy tuck the belly button is not moved.You are left with a horizontal scar low on the pelvis that typically does not extend all the way to the hips. Based on your photos, I think a full tummy tuck would be more appropriate for you if you decided to go that route.

The link below is one of my patients whose before photos are similar to you. She had a BBL alone.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Tummy Tuck

+2

You have many options available for you.

You need to decide what bothers you and what you need to improve upon. Depending on what your ultimate goals you can have the potential for a good result. You need to see a Board certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss your goals. Then during the consultation the plastic surgeon can discuss with you all the options and the pros and cons of each procedure.

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com

TT along with BBL

+2

thanks for your question and for sharing your photos. I recommend doing your BBL first, then doing your TT about 3-6 months later. You will be much happier with your results as your flat tummy will go along with your shapely buttocks!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Will need Tummy Tuck

+2

Thank you for your pictures. You will have loose/saggy skin. This will decrease your overall result. I should plan for a tummy tuck as a secondary procedure.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Need TT or not

+2

Great job losing the weight. I would recommend you not have the BBL surgery until you lose all the weight you are planning. Then go for a consultation and have the surgeon discuss your options at that time.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

You don't have to have a tummy tuck with a BBL

+2

Even though a lot of women do get both procedures done at the same time, it's not mandatory. In fact, I liposuction the abdomen with a BBL anyway and the belly gets flatter just with this.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

+1

If you do not have a TT than the lower abdominal skin will ripple and hang! Best to listen to the IN PERSON PS you have seen...

Do I have to have a TT with my BBL?

+1

You do not have to have a tummy tuck with a BBL. The tummy tuck can be performed later if you would like.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

TT

+1

Good Morning!

Looking at your photos, I think you would most certainly benefit from an abdominoplasty. A tightening of your abdominal profile and bringing in your waist alone would change your trunk proportion and give you a great look.

Good luck and let us know how things go

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD