Can I start working out after breast aug/lift surgery? Or at least jug or walk?

3weeks ago was my surgery along with a lil lipo on my sides. My breast didnt heal completely yet. But my body is the type that gets soooo stiff n I even get more problems in my hips n joints when I dont walk for at least 2hrs/every week, thats my minimum activity. For a month now I havent done any work out or walked @ all, n my body is starting to hurt! When can I go back to @ least my walking routine? I read that I cant do anythn that would raise my blood pressure. HELP!

Post op exercise

+2

I tell all of my patients that they can walk as much as they like as of the day of surgery. I would, however, wait to start more strenuous exercise until the wounds are completely healed.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Can I start working out after breast aug/lift surgery?

+2

I am not sure where you got the idea that you cannot walk. I sense that the communication about activities between you and your surgeon is not adequate. Your questions should be addressed to your surgeon.

Most patients are back to full or almost full activities by now, save for the wound healing issue. But I can't imagine a restriction against walking.

All the best.

Walking Is Encouraged After Surgery

+1

Hi Ana. Congratulations on your surgery. It looks from your photo like you are not done healing, as you mentioned, so I would advise you to be careful with your incisions. You can absolutely return to walking, though. Most surgeons recommend their patients walk as soon as they feel ready after surgery because it helps with circulation and healing. I suggest you do not return yet to more vigorous exercise that might put pressure on your incision. Your surgeon should be able to give you more specific advice; don't hesitate to call and ask.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS