What Type of Massage is Recommended when You Get Back Home from BBL? (photo)

What type of how often should it be done? Do they massage the butt or just the areas of lipo done?

Massage after BBL

+2

I often recommend lymphatic drainage massage for my liposuction patients.  Since liposuction is part of the Brazilian Butt Lift, my butt patients sometimes benefit as well.  I don't recommend massaging the butt at all, but sometimes the liposuctioned areas benefit from massage to reduce post-operative swelling.  Look for a massage therapist in your area that is trained in lymphatic drainage massage.

Web reference: http://www.buttandbreastaugmentation.com/

What Type of Massage is Recommended when You Get Back Home from BBL?

+2

You will find that there is no standard for this.  I typically think that massage plays very little role, but it could probably not hurt on the areas liposuctioned provided you have healed. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Massage after BBL??

+1

You can have lymphatic to the areas where fat was extracted like your back, waist stomach,etc. But your buttocks itself it is not recommended to have it  massage. Limphatic massages help you drain, and I guess for sure you don't want that fat go anywhere. 

Massage protocol for Brazillian Butt lift

+1

Each surgeon has a protocol that differs from the next. In my practice I do not perform a massage. The reason for that is I want the fat to stay in the location it was placed. A massage could potentially move the fat to a less desirable location. All other areas do not need massages because it has been liposuctioned. It does however need compression (except the buttocks)  24/7 for the first 2-3 weeks. Speak with your plastic surgeon about his/her protocol.