Do I Need a TT After my BBL? (photo)

I don't have a lot of loose skin. I never considered a TT because of this reason. But now after reading about how the abdominal muscles separate during pregnancy (I have been pregnant twice and my first daughter was Frank Breach and remained in the upper part of my abdomen most of my pregnancy). Can a TT be done without having a lot of loose skin? I am having a BBL in 2 weeks but now I am wondering how my stomach will look after lipo is done on it if I have abdominal muscle separation. Thx!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Do I need a tummy tuck?

+2

Thank you for your questions and for your photographs.  Looking at your photographs it appears that you do not have a lot of loose skin.  So from a skin perspective you probably do not need a tummy tuck.  It is difficult to tell how tight the skin is from photographs alone but the before you have and liposuction in this area your doctor should confirm that the skin tone is good.  Good skin will shrink up after liposuction.  Loose skin will become looser.  Looking at the abdominal wall contour it does appear that you have some relaxation of the abdominal wall muscles.  It is possible to tighten the muscles with limited or minimal skin excision. Discuss these options with your surgeon to see if they are right for you.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.atcosmetics.com/html/abdominoplasty.php

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a TT After my BBL?

+2

Based upon the posted photos you do not appear as a good candidate for any type of TT. Better to see your chosen surgeon to discuss. 

Questions about possible abdominoplasty with a BBL

+2

From you photos it would appear that most of your fat for the BBL would come from your abdomen and posterior hips.  Liposuctioning of your abdomen may accentuate the laxity of your anterior abdominal wall.  While you may not have enough lax skin to consider a standard abdominoplasty you may be a candidate for a modified abdominoplasty with plication of the fascia.  

Tummy tuck after fat transfer to the buttock

+2

Based on your photos you do appear to have some rectus diastasis-weakened abdominal wall, however, you don't appear to have much loose skin. You may not be a good candidate for a tummy tuck at this time, but you should be examined by an experienced plastic surgeon for a more detailed evaulation. It's possible you could have a tummy tuck one year after your fat transfer if you end up with some loose abdominal skin.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Abdominal Muscle Separation

+2

It is true what you mentioned about the belly muscles separating during pregnancy - it is called Rectus Diastasis - and it can only be repaired through an incision.  I do not see any other reason for you to have an incision for a tummy tuck and it is difficult to assess Rectus Diastasis without examining your abdomen in person.  I think your decision for fat grafting from your belly will improve your abdomen and buttock area.  You can always later decide to tighten your muscles with an incision if your belly doesn't look just how you want it to.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a TT After my BBL?

+2

You do not have a lot of loose skin, and I would stick with the liposuction and Brazilian buttlift for now.  I would make the decision about the tummy tuck 3 to 6 months after the liposuction and the Brazilian buttlift.  The results of the Brazilian buttlift are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Do I Need a TT After my BBL?

+2

You certainly can have some improvement in your abdominal contour with a TT. Most of the improvement would come from tightening the abdominal wall. There may be more loose skin than is apparent on these photos since you have your arms extended up.

I would wait a few months after your BBL and then consider options. All the best. 

Do I Need a TT After my BBL?

+1

Dear ivfmama,

Thank you for your question and photos.  You seem to have good skin from the photos, although this is better diagnosed in person.  You will probably do well with the liposuction for fat harvest in the abdomen and BBL.  If there is skin laxity after this, then a skin tightening procedure can be discussed after this.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

Judging for the pictures you look like you have enough skin for the tummy tuck. If you choose liposuction the abdomen muscles will not be tightened and the excess of skin will worsen.

Web reference: http://www.drjsalomon.com/tummy_tuck.asp

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.