Muscle Repair Question After Lipo of Flanks and TT with MR, 8 Days PO? (photo)

I am PO 8 days. Since if first removed my binder at PO day 3, there has been a large bulge on my right side at my waist (left side in pic). I think I look really twisted up, I saw my ps yesterday because I was worried about it but he said it was normal swelling, nothing to worry about it this early in the recovery process. But to me it looks and feels like the right side did not get stitched in like the left side. Is that even possible? I was not lopsided at all before the surgery.

Muscle repair question after lipo of flanks and TT with MR, 8 days PO

+1

Using your picture as my only source of physical examination, I would say your results at this point are normal. After a tummy tuck, it can take 6 to 8 weeks for the swelling to go down. At this time, I do not think there is a significant problem. It would be unlikely for you to be lopsided on one side due to inaccurate muscle tightening. After your tummy tuck,I believe it is very important for you to continue wearing a compression garment for at least 6 to 8 weeks. It is very important you follow up with your board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Web reference: http://timothykatzenmd.com/body/abdominoplasty-tummy-tuck/

Swelling and asymmetry following liposuction and TT

+1

It is very common to have swelling following liposuction. Many times the swelling is asymmetric. The majority of the swelling will resolve by 3 months, with some additional decrease up to 6 months following the procedure.

You will not be able to truly assess the final outcome until 3 to 6 months post op. If you need any revisional procedures you should wait until then, because the appearance does change over time.

8 days post op

+1

is way too nearly to be judging results.  Your doctor is correct and you are encouraged to be patient.  If your doctor is fair and forthright, he/she will be honest with you should your concerns persist and be an issue for you.  In my practice, revisions are almost certain with tummy tucks in pursuit of perfection.

MuscleRepair Question after Lipo of flanks and TT,8days po

+1

It is much too early to evaluate any bulges. After these procedures you can have asymmetrical swelling for several months.  The suturing of the muscles is usually done in the midline.  Please continue to wear your binder and follow up with your Plastic Surgeon.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Post op tummy tuck

+1

You are too early in the post op period to determine the final result.  Swelling can take up to 6 months to resolve.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Muscle Repair Question After Lipo of Flanks and TT with MR, 8 Days PO?

+1

Much ,much too early to tell. Wait 3 to 6 months to allow better healing than decide if you have an issue. 

Asymmetrical Swelling after Liposuction and Tummy Tuck. Normal?

+1

Thank you for the photo.  You are very early on in the post operative course.  Swelling can be asymmetrical.  Continue wearing your binder.  Please keep in contact with your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.  Together you will make it through the process.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty

Swelling Can Be Asymmetrical

+1

Swelling after a tummy tuck when combined with lipo can sometimes be asymmetrical. A small amound of bruising on one side can lead to swelling that resolves with time. I would agree with your surgeon that it is too early to evaluate your results. Be patient and have further discussions with your surgeon.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Loopsided Tummy Tuck

+1

Your recovery process is very early.  This most likely represents swelling.  When the muscle is sutured it is typically sutured in the mid-line (center).  Continue to follow up with your PS.  He/She is there to guide you through this process.

Dr. ES

Early asymmetry following an abdominoplasty

+1

There is some degree of asymmetry noted from your photograph.  You are still very early in the recovery and any asymmetries that you are seeing are most likely temporary.   Continue to follow post operative instructions and as you heal you should see an improvement.  If not you may just need liposuction to even things out.