I Want Upper Pole Fullness W/o Looking Fake- 300 Cc HP or 360 Mod Plus(silicone)? Sx in 2 Days!

Help! Surgery is Thursday and I don't have my implant decided upon! I am 29, 5'2" 125lb and having an anchor lift with silicone unders. I want upper pole fullness without looking too fake. Should I go with a lower cc and higher profile or higher cc with a Mentor moderate plus profile? Pre baby I was a 34C. After nursing, I'm a 34A. I would like to go back to a FULL, perky C!

Implant for upper pole fullness

+2

HP or MP implants can get the job done.  The high profile implants tend to look less "natural" but really, the most important thing is to size the implant properly for the DIAMETER!

sek

Augmentation Mastopexy

+2

Hi there,

This response may have reached you after the fact.  Nonetheless, these implants  sound like reasonable implants for you.  I generally prefer the high profile implants for more cleavage and upper pole fullness, although the 300 cc HP may be too small for you  as its diameter may be a bit too narrow .  Being an A cup suggests that  you do not have much breast tissue yourself and therefore would benefit from the HP implant for more projection as well .

Also, I am curious as to why you would require the anchor lift.  In using more advanced surgical techniques,  the horizontal incision can usually be avoided especially in smaller breasts.  This horizontal incision should be avoided if possible as it often does not heal well, as opposed to the other lollipop incisions that usually do heal well.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

300 cc HP or 360 cc Moderate Plus

+2

In general, the larger volume is usually the higher profile so that the two implants selected have more similar diameters to fit the chest wall.  I suspect that you will be fine with either.

Perky C cup

+2

Good luck and from your description it sounds that the choices you have are reasonable. The moderate plus is a more natural look. Please see a board certified surgeon!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question.  Unfortunately, despite providing a good  description of your history and goals, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice online.

When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full, perky C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Best wishes with your upcoming procedure.

Implants

+1

the high profile implants have atendency to have the fake look. If you are tring to look more natural stick to the plus profile implants

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Avoid the anchor shaped incisions

+1

If you are size 34 A then you will need 200 cc implants to take you up to size C.  However, the implants alone will not solve your problem.  The anchor lift was developed in 1956 and results in ugly scars.  A better procedure for you would be a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to place the implant, reshape the breast tissue increasing upper pole fullness and cleavage.  By aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant all high over the bony prominence of the chest will achieve maximum projection while using the smallest implant possible and achieve the perky result you desire.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume vrs shape

+1

It would be helpful to have photos included to best evaluate your options.  However, as a general rule, implant dimensions ideally should fit your breast width.  The difference between various implant profiles is less important than choosing the appropriate volume.  The best thing to do is to try on implants of different volumes in your surgeons office and review photos of other  patients who have had the procedure and have similar preop size as you. 

Good luck with your choice and new look.

Douglas Hargrave,M.D.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon