Discomfort After Breast Reduction/lift?

I had breast reduction/lift surgery August 24th of 2012. I'm approximately 5 weeks post op. does anyone know if its normal to feel like there is an internal band under the breasts. I'm wondering if it could be undissolved internal stitches or a sensation that will remain, which to me is very distracting and uncomfortable. Otherwise I am happy with my results. Wanda

Tightenss/pain after breast lift/reduction

+2

There are so many nerves in the breast that are distressed with reduction/lift procedures that it is very common to have uncomfortable sensations.  These usually start to subside after about 3 months, but can wax and wane for up to two years.  Gentle massage and warm compresses can help.  They almost always get better with time.

Uncomfortable after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we  perform.  As you can imagine, it is not possible to make meaningful diagnosis or recommendations without direct examination. However, most patients who are uncomfortable 5 weeks postoperatively,  report  gradual resolution of their symptoms over the course of the next few months.

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource;  continue to follow-up with him/her.

Breast lift and reduction issues

+1

It is very possible that you have internal sutures or pulling after surgery. At about 8 weeks it is common for you to feel pulling as the soft tissues heal and stretch a bit.