Will the asymmetrical nostrils and slant ever even out? When? (photos)

Almost 2 weeks post op. My doctor is not concerned, but I am worried. It makes sense that when the swelling goes down it will be better, but the nostrils and splint/nose were uneven from the moment I woke up from surgery. Is that normal? My nostrils are so uneven, I think it is causing it to look like my nose to look more slanted than it is. I don't see my doctor again until 4 weeks post op. Thanks in advance!! Thanks in advance!!

Nostril asymmetry following rhinoplasty

+2
I would be interested in seeing photos of your nose prior to surgery.  It does appear that your columella is tilted to the right and there is a small amount of notching in the ala on the left with nostril asymmetry.  2 weeks is way too soon to tell what the final outcome will be like.  I think the 4 week visit is a better guage of the future appearance of your nose.  If at that time it still has the issues you are having now it may be more reason for concern if these were not present prior to your rhinoplasty.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will the asymmetrical nostrils and slant ever even out? When?

+1
  2 weeks is very early, and swelling can be asymmetric.  The best thing to do is follow with your surgeon.