Does Vinegar Treatment Help After Pearl Laser?

I had pearl lasar today and wonder if the vinegar makes it redder and more burning as I have. I am swollen and some pain as a bad sunburn. Is there something else I can use to heal?

Pearl Laser

+1

Dilute vinegar soaks are very effective in removing debris from the skin and decrease bacteria on the skin.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pearl aftercare

+1

Our patients find that the vinegar soaks are extremely helpful and soothing after Pearl laser treatments to reduce the sunburn-like stinging and redness.  Refrigerating the solution or using cold compresses is also helpful.  If you have been advised to use aquaphor after your treatment you may consider misting a bit of water on the skin first and then applying a bit of softened aquaphor to the skin in a very thin layer.   Use a mild fragrance free cleanser like Cetaphil 2-3 times a day as well and gently pat the skin dry (don't rub or scrub). When the skin begins to peel, definitely do NOT pick the peeling skin.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Vinegar soaks after Pearl laser

+1

The post treatment instructions for pearl laser is to wash face at least three times a day with Cetaphil cleaner and to apply the vinegar soaks after and after the soaks apply a thin layer of Aquaphor. The soaks consist of 1 teaspoon of plain white vinegar to 2 cups of water. The solution is applied to face with a soft washcloth and can made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. If you are having problems with the vinegar then just wash the face with Cetaphil and apply a layer of aquaphor to treated area three times a day.