Risks of Ulthera After Juvederm?

I spent $1800 on Juvederm injections and botox last week. I am scheduled for ultherapy this week. Will the ultherapy affect the Juvederm; I love the results and don't want to loose the Juvederm. The same doctor is doing the ultherapy who did the filler treatments.

Ultherapy after filler injections

+3

It is good that you are going to the same doctor for both. The risk is that if the Ulthera is applied directly over the fillers it could break the Juvederm down, but your doctor will know what areas to avoid and how to optimize your results.

Ultherapy and facial injectables

+1

This is a very good question. No one really knows at this time because these studies have not been done. However, if the ultrasonic focused beam passes through the filler at may possible cause an effect.  The effect may be slight volume loss but nothing more serious.  It would be best to have the Ultherapy first or if after the injection are often placed in non Ultherapy treated areas.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Juvederm and Ulthera

+1

Hi,

Using the Ulthera treatment for tightening the skin really should not effect the injections of juvederm with the careful monitoring done during the Ulthera treatments.  Having said this, it is possible that you would lose some volume of the injections but if this happens, a quick touch up with Juvederm will bring you right back to the way you are pre Ultherapy.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera and Juvederm or Restylane

+1

It is advisable to have the Ulthera therapy prior to the fillers, even if it is the same day.  Currently there are no reports that Ulthera would interfere wtih Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, Sculptra if the fillers / volumizers had been injected prior to the treatment with Ulthera, but theoretically, the depth of ultrasound energy from Ulthera could reach and pass through the plane of filler placement.  Whether this energy would cause the filler to be less effective or for it to cause less duration of effectiveness is not yet known but studies may be done. Ulthera is not done immediately over the smile creases or marionette lines, so if this is where your fillers were placed, then there would not be an issue.  

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm

+1

Ulthera heats up the tissue. So there may be interference with your Juvederm treatment. Both act only locally. If different areas are treated, this should be fine.

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Ulthera and Fillers

+1

Ultherapy focuses energy in the exact same place as filler is usually placed.  Although I am not aware of any studies specifically done looking at the effect, it is assumed that the ultrasound energy will effect the filler. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon