What would be the best Acne Scar Treatment options for me?

Hello! I am a 23-year-old asian male. I have acne scars and I have undergone 2 Ematrix sessions to treat those scars. The Ematrix improved my skin a little, but I do not know if i should continue with this treatment because there may be a better treatment option for me. With my current skin condition, what do you recommend? Should I continue with the Ematrix or switch to something else? Thank you!

Treatment options for acne scars

+2
Dear Patient, 

EMatrix uses bipolar radiofrequency energy to create small foci of heat in the dermis to stimulate collagen production. Over a series of treatments, patients will gradually see improvement in their acne scars. Similar to non-ablative fractionated lasers, such as Fraxel Restore, Affirm Multiplex, and ResurFx lasers, multiple treatments and time to allow collagen stimulation will be needed to see improvement in acne scars. In the clinical trials on eMatrix for acne scars, patients were treated in 5 sessions at monthly intervals. This is the same number of treatments and time periods used in the clinical trials for non-ablative fractionated lasers to improve the appearance of acne scars. While there are a variety of treatments available for improving the appearance of acne scars (lasers, chemical peels, injectable hyaluronic acid, etc), I would recommend you continue your current therapy for 5 a total of five treatments with the eMatrix. This will allow you to optimize the results from this device before changing course. 

Warm regards, 
Dr. Peterson
Houston Dermatologist

CO2 Laser Facials Treat Acne Scarring

+1
Your best bet, considering time and money spent, would be to invest in CO2 laser facials. One facial would be enough to rid your dermis of scarring, depending on how deep your plastic surgeon decides to go with the laser. You can request a higher level of laser if you would like the results to be substantial, but the time it takes for your face to recuperate can take longer that the usual week of pink skin.

It is recommend you ask the surgeon what levels they are comfortable using on patients, how long they have been practicing the CO2 facials, and what machine they use. Sciton is the best option, which is what Yeung Institute uses. It is also recommended that you see a plastic surgeon who knows dermatology and musculature enough to not burn your face and cause more scarring.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon