How Can Stretched Tissue (Muscle/septum) Be Addresed After Trauma to the Orbit? (photo)

My infant hit me directly on the globe 7 months ago causing fat prolapse to the lower lid. Two weeks ago I underwent unilateral transcon blepharo w/conservative fat removal. I am happy w/the result however the muscle & septum of the affected eye are still much looser than they were before the trauma & this is very noticeable when I look to the sides or smile. There doesn't seem to be the same amount of tension pressing against the globe as there is on the other eye. How can this be corrected?

Loose Septum and Muscle after Transconj Bleph

+1

The early results are very good with some bruising and swelling still remaining.  Continue to heal and see how the scar forms.

How Can Stretched Tissue (Muscle/septum) Be Addresed After Trauma to the Orbit?

+1

WOW even at 2 weeks post operative you look so much improved! Why not wait at least 3 months before seeking additional therapy???

Two weeks post eye surgery

+1

At two weeks it is a bit early to worry about these things. Most of what you are seeing is from swelling. Give it time to settle down.

Post op recovery after transconjunctival blepharoplasty

+1

Thanks Rebecca for the photos.  Please be Patient.

• At two weeks after surgery, I suggest you give the bruising and swelling a chance to heal before judging.
  • The lower eyelid was retracted for your surgery , so some changes in the skinappearance and muscle tone are likely temporary. 
  • It is always hard for patients to know what is normal recovery with unilateral procedures because the one side feels normal. 

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon