I Have a Picture of my Tummy Tuck I Have a Hole Drain on my Pubic Area 24 Days Post Op? (photo)

I am concern .. My PS said to keep it clean and it will heal .. But I notice the rest of my incisions are started open up and very concern and scared here are the pictures

Tummy Tuck Wound

+2

Please see my other post. 

It is unacceptable that your PS is not removing devitalized and exposed tissue, and starting you on a wound care dressing regimen. You should consider seeing another surgeon for proper wound care. Taking unnecessary antibiotics and doing nothing else is below the standard of care.

Tummy tuck healing issues

+2

Despite having a drain, there is a possibility that you have developed a small seroma cavity (fluid collection) just under the skin. Although this looks problematic, it probably will end up healing just fine with time. The scarring will likely be a little widened and it will probably take a long time for the coloration of the scars to fade. But it should heal. Close follow up with your surgeon is important. There might be an indication for some minor cleaning of the wound and possibly some small dressing changes to get the wound to heal more quickly.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Open incision after TT

+2

Hopefully you will be seeing your surgeon soon. It will probably be wise for the surgeon to debride (trim) the non-viable tissue in the wounds to encourage more rapid resolution toward normal healing.

All the best. 

Open Areas Od Tummy Tuck Incision Need Wound Care By Your Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. I am sorry you are experiencing such difficulty after your surgery.

The open areas along your incision need proper wound care and wound management by your plastic surgeon.

With proper wound management these areas should heal in and eventually book much better.

However at the present time all the yellowish and discolored tissue should be gently removed, and frequent dressing changes with moistened but not sloppy wet, gauze sponges to pull away or debride devitalized or unhealthy tissues is essential to prevent secondary infection and progression of the wound.

Please see your surgeon and ask that these open wounds be cleaned up and that you be instructed on how to encourage the growth of clean, red healthy tissue called granulation tissue so that your skin cells may eventually grow over these open areas.

If your surgeon is unwilling to help you with this and debride the devitalized tissue than I would suggest you seek consultation with another plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and experienced in wound management.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

I Have a Picture of my Tummy Tuck I Have a Hole Drain on my Pubic Area 24 Days Post Op?

+1

You have some minor necrosis and suture spitting. These should be debrided (cleaned out of dead tissue) and then packed with a dry dressing. The dressing needs to be in contact with the wound so it can clean it up. These will heal with dressing changes.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Open wounds

+1

Just finished answering your previous question. Essentially other than showing more areas of mild dehiscence, you should heal well with the care your Dr advised you to do. I understand this is scarry. This will take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to heal. Do you have a follow up appointment with your Dr in the near future ( 1 week )? If not make one, so he can check the area and at least allay your fears.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon